Sunday, June 20, 2010

Lunchtime Quesadillas


A great lunchtime treat (or anytime really) is a warm yummy quesadilla! So I took a little Monterey, some leftover chicken breast, sliced tomato and some ground FlaxSeed and made a delicious, and easy lunch for us. This is a great way to sneak something healthy into a treat. My 2 year didn't even notice as she gobbled down all that good-for-you flaxseed with fiber and Omega-3s - great things to have in your daily diet. Check it out, it's so easy you can do it too!

2 Tortilla wraps (I used 8" diameter wraps)
1oz Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
sliced Roma Tomato
Sliced chicken breast
1 teaspoon (or more) of flaxseed (sprinkled throughout the quesadilla)

***Put 1 tortilla wrap down and spread the cheese, then add the tomatoes and sliced chicken, spacing them out so that you can get some in each bite. Sprinkle the ground flaxseed onto your "pizza" and then place the other tortilla wrap on top.
Place into a warm pan over low heat (with or without oil/butter) and cook on each side for 3-4 minutes until brown and using a spatula, flip onto the other side. Cook for an additional 3-4 minutes. Place warm quesadilla onto cutting board and cut into eighths! ENJOY!!!

1 comment:

  1. I really want to try this one. I <3 quesadillas, and I <3 carbs. I'll probably run out and get some of those Perdue perfect portions,I know they are a little more expensive but it'll probably make it a lot more simple for me.

    ReplyDelete