Saturday, June 19, 2010

I really do love to eat

It's a known fact. I'm Shaneeka, I like to eat. So much so that I felt compelled to start the "30 Nights of Salad" challenge for myself and my husband. Interestingly enough though, I do not love sweets, I try to avoid a lot of sugar/salt and I really like to eat healthy and vegetarian. However it hasn't made much of an impact on my weight which just proves that portion control and movement are key to a healthy lifestyle. Do I sound like a commercial for Jillian Michael's right now? I apologize. But some things are universally true. In that aspect, I will try pretty much anything at least once (I'm talking food here people!) and that's why I tried Greek Yogurt for the first time ever based off of a recommendation from Snack Girl. For some reason, I was in no hurry to try Greek yogurt, I honestly felt like it was the new fad, like the re-birth of Yoga, or blogging. Yeah. Anyhow, the review was for FAGE (pronounced Fa-yeh!) yogurt and she and other reviewers convinced me enough that on my next trip to Fairway I grabbed ONE. Just one. I was skeptical. I grabbed the Fage plain 0% and took it home. .....WOW!!!!!!!!! Now I will just say that I realize that Greek Yogurt is not for everyone. The taste, the texture is quite different from what we're used too, but it's so worth the "risk" to try it just once. It's amazingly good for you and taste like ice cream, especially when you add a little honey or fruit to it. I am hooked. I've pretty much kicked ice cream to the curb, this stuff's waaaaay better.

There's plenty of options from whole milk, 2% and 0%. With fruit and without. Yummy yummy stuff. The best part is, I can find it at my local supermarket! Try it and let me know what you think.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you like the FAGE - super yummy stuff. Great blog!! Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Thanks Lisa for the compliment AND esp for putting me onto the yogurt! :)

    ReplyDelete