Saturday, June 19, 2010

30 Nights of Salad - Day 5


And so we soldier on. Day 5 of our Salad challenge had me trying something new - Salmon! I roasted it in the oven with a little BBQ sauce & Honey and I cooked up some frozen corn and Italian green beans and put that over a salad. Fantastic! The further this goes, the more fun I find myself having and it's a great way to get creative in the kitchen!
Here's the recipe, try it - you might like it!

Frozen skinless Salmon fillets (I used 4, 2 for tonight & 2 for tomorrow)
2 tablespoons BBQ sauce
2 Tablespoons Honey
1 cup water
***Combine above ingredients in a baking pan. Cover with foil and bake at 300 or 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Flip and cover for another 20. Take foil off and continue to bake for an additional 20 minutes or until sauce and/or fish is the desire color & texture you want.

2 cups Frozen Corn Kernels
2 cups Frozen Italian green beans
Garlic powder (to taste)
salt, pepper, sugar (to taste)
1 tablespoon Butter
1 cup water
***Combine above ingredients in saucepan and cover and cook over low to medium heat. Once the water has evaporated (approx 15-20 minutes) remove the cover and continue to cook stirring frequently.

Green Leaf lettuce
Red & orange bell pepper (I used half of each)

I layered this salad, first was the lettuce, & bell pepper combo - then I added the corn & beans - lastly the fish (and sauce if desired - acts as a dressing so there's no need to add more)

Salad does not have to be boring, get creative with it. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment