Friday, June 25, 2010

Homemade Ice Cream?

Yes! Homemade ice cream using 1 ingredient......Bananas! I got this recipe from TheKitchn - another of my fav blogs you'll notice there to the right. I slice and freeze just one Banana. I put the slices into the food processor and work it! I add a little milk, honey and sometimes Nutella - which I did tonight - and it was the perfect after dinner dessert! Tonight, my ice cream came out more like a milk shake because I added too much milk, but all you have to do is put the finished product back into the freezer for a few and let it harden a bit more. This would also be good with peanut butter, but I have not tried it yet. And ideas on variations to the recipe? Let me know, I'm always down to try something new!

Fresh out the Freezer!


Nutella:


Banana Ice Cream/Milkshake


For more detailed photos and step by step instructions, please head over to TheKitchn. This is a great low fat summer treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment