Wednesday, June 23, 2010

30 Nights of Salad - Day 8


Tonight's salad had no meat but was not lacking in protein. Thanks to beans (the same beans I used earlier here) and boiled eggs we had plenty of protein! This salad was savory and filling. I grated the boiled egg so that it would be more palatable to my husband who is not a huge fan of boiled egg - and this way the taste was there, but not so obvious. The Heart of Palm is so delicious and tender it adds such great flavor. And since I've opened these jars, you'll see Heart of Palm and Roasted Red Peppers popping up in more salads and maybe lunch too! Here's the recipe - Enjoy!:


Protein Rich Salad
-Mixed Greens
-Tomatoes, chopped
-Roasted Red Peppers, sliced
-Heart of Palm, chopped
-Beans (handful)
-1 boiled egg, grated
-Parmesan cheese, grated

***Mix it up and you're good to go! I used 2 tablespoons of French dressing with this salad and it paired nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment